Dear students, as we already know that Syndicate Bank released the notification for the recruitment, it’s high time to start preparing for the Syndicate Bank PO Examination. This article is specially prepared for the aspirants who are yet to start their preparations for the same. Following are some important points discussing how one should prepare for the upcoming Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Examination.
Grasp the syllabus and pattern of Examination
Syndicate Bank can be segmented into five broad parts:
General Awareness (with special reference to Banking Industry)
Strict Study Plan is a must
- Aspirants are bound to give a certain amount of time to a particular topic or subject when his preparations are revolving around a plan.
- The topics are like milestones to be crossed to them.
- Once you are done with a particular topic, you are kind of excited for the next one.
- Also, when there is a plan, there is a deadline too to wind up certain topics within a certain period of time.
- Regular studies reduce the level of stress, as the number of topics to be done does not accumulate into blizzards, hence provide the aspirant with a better physical and mental health.
- So much is happening every day that unless you keep yourself abreast of these changes you cannot adjust yourself to them or tackle the GA section of Syndicate Bank PO exam 2018 smoothly and easily.
- To save your precious time, we provide you with an alternative that is our “Daily GK Update”(Available in both Hindi and English languages) that contains only the news that is important from the point of view of Syndicate Bank PO Examination.
- Apart from the GA Section, an excellent knowledge of current news also helps you deal with the GDPI.
- Your vocabulary and English skills can also be improved if you maintain reading newspapers on a regular basis.
Put what you learn into practice
- Practicing with Test Series helps you ace the original tests/examinations.
- Computer based Test Series for Syndicate Bank PO also help you save your time as they simulate the real tests and let you know you how to attempt the questions in a way that you are able to attempt the maximum number of questions within the stipulated time.
- It also gives you an All India Rank so as you can assess where you stand and how much more you need to work.
- Many test series comprise of a range of questions that equate the level of frequently asked questions, previous year questions, and new pattern questions for Examination.
Syndicate Bank PO 2018 COMPLETE SYLLABUS
Reasoning Ability is going to be a difficult section as reasoning section of banking exams has always been difficult as compared to other examinations. The pattern is getting complex day by day and most of the topics of this section are now being asked in the form of puzzles only. The only way to ace the scores in the section is strenuous practice. Here is the Syndicate Bank PO Syllabus for Reasoning Ability Section.
- Seating Arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relation
- Order and Ranking
- Machine Input-Output
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning (Passage Inference, Statement and Assumption, Conclusion, Argument)
Quantitative Aptitude | Data Analysis & Interpretation
The level of every other section has only turned more complex and convoluted, there is no doubt that this section too will be making your blood run cold. If we talk about previous years examinations, this section consumes a lot of time so what one needs to do is an efficient time management that can only be achieved through practice. Data Interpretation and topics from arithmetic section make it hard for one to deal with the section as easily as any other section. Practice continuously, it will pay big time. Here is the Syndicate Bank PO Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude Section.
- Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular, Caselet, Radar/Web, Pie Chart)
- Inequalities (Quadratic Equations)
- Number Series
- Approximation and Simplification
- Data Sufficiency
- Miscellaneous Arithmetic Problems (HCF and LCM, Profit and Loss, SI & CI, Problem on Ages, Work and Time, Speed Distance and Time, Probability, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Problems on Boats and Stream, Problems on Trains, Mixture and Allegation, Pipes and Cisterns)
This topic can be easy as pie if your basics are clear. Sometimes, even those who can communicate very well in English, fail to perform to the best of their ability in competitive exams. A habit of reading an English Newspaper can actually do a good turn because it helps to build up a strong vocabulary, effective knowledge of grammar, and efficient comprehension skills. Rest depends on how hard you practice. Here is the complete Syndicate Bank PO English Syllabus for English Section.
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Errors
- Vocabulary based questions
- Sentence Improvement
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Paragraph Based Questions (Paragraph Fillers, Paragraph Conclusion, Paragraph /Sentences Restatement)
The questions asked in Syndicate Bank PO General Awareness Section are usually based on Banking Awareness, Static Awareness, and Current Affairs. This year we observed a change in the pattern of GA Section of banking examinations as well. Most of the questions are now being asked from Banking Awareness so this section too is going to be very challenging. Batten down the hatches!
- Banking and Insurance Awareness
- Financial Awareness
- Govt. Schemes and Policies
- Current Affairs
- Static Awareness
English Language (Letter Writing & Essay) for 25 marks, time limit 30 minutes.
IBPS RRB Mains Officer Scale 1 Study Schedule 2017
The 5 sections are as follows:
- English Language
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- Time to practice your weak topics / Attempt mock test
|2 hours||2 hours||2 hours||1 hour|
Focus on Topic:
– Social Issues
– Science &
RBI & Its
& MP, Dishonest
Bull & Bear
Based & involving
|SI, CI, Difference
of CI & SI,
Odd Sentence Out
Fill in the
|Bar Graph DI||Cheques
Debit & Credit
|Mensuration||World Bank & its
(new notes, their
(M0, M1, M2,
M3, M4), Fixed
Deposit & Term
5 years plans,
|18 -30||Attempt Full Length Mock Test & Practice on Your Weak Areas|