Check TNPSC 2021 Group 1 Exam Pattern & kick start your preparation
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is the body that conducts the State Civil Services Examinations for recruitment into different posts of Tamil Nadu State Administration. Such posts are divided into Group-1 and Group-2 classes of the Tamil Nadu Civil Services. The TNPSC 2021 exam will happen in three phases which includes – Preliminary exam, Mains, and Personality test which is otherwise called Personal Interview. Only after qualifying the Prelims, aspirants will be able to take the Mains exam. Here, we will share the information about the TNPSC Group-1 exam pattern come 2021.
TNPSC 2021 – Group 1 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Over here, we will share all information about the TNPSC 2021 Group – 1 exam. Let’s start looking at the tentative dates first.
|Events||Date of Exam (Tentative)|
|Date of Notification||January 2021|
|Last date to apply online||February|
|Last date of paying the online fee||February|
|Exam Paper – I Date (Subject Paper – Diploma Standard)||April|
|Date of written exam Paper-II (General Studies – Diploma Standard)||April|
TNPSC Group 1 Exam will be in three phases including –
Conducted by the TNPSC, the Combined Civil Services Examination I is to select students for the various posts for Group 1 jobs in the Tamil Nadu state. This examination hence is also known as TNPSC Group 1 exam.
TNPSC 2021 Group 1 Exam Pattern
The TNPSC 2021 exam pattern is designed for recruitment to various posts like – Assistant Commissioner, Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police, District Officer. The final placement will be based on performance in the and so on whose placement will be done depending on the scores in Group I exam.
The Prelims exam is the first stage of the TNPSC Group 1 exam which also acts as a screening test. The candidates who are able to qualify it, will be allowed to appear for the Mains.
TNPSC Group 1 Prelims Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for Prelims Exam is mentioned underneath:
|Name of Exam||Combined Civil Services – I (Prelims exam)|
|Number of Papers||One|
|Number of Questions||200|
|Nature of Questions||Objective Type (MCQs)|
|Subjects/Syllabus||General Studies – will have 175 questions Aptitude & Mental Ability – a total of 25 questions will be asked|
|Minimum Marks needed to qualify||OC: 120; another open category: 90|
Key features of TNPSC 2021 (Prelims)
- The exam will have the objective type multiple-choice questions.
- The questions in the General Studies will constitute 150 marks.
- There will be 150 questions in total in the pre-exam.
Syllabus for TNPSC 2021 prelims test
- The economy of the nation
- Indian National Movement
- General Science
- Recent developments
- History and Indian Culture
- Fitness and Mental Ability exam and Logical Reasoning
Out of all the applicants who will take the Prelims exam, the exam authorities will shortlist candidates at a ratio of 1:50 for the Mains exam.
TNPSC 2021 Group 1 Mains Exam
The TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern for the Mains will include three subjective type papers with a weightage of 750 marks.
The Mains Exam Pattern
|Name of the Exam||Combined Civil Services – I
Group -1 Services Main Written Examination
|Number of the Papers||Three (General Studies, Aptitude Test, General Tamil/General English)|
|Total Marks||3 papers of 250 marks (each); total marks (750)
Interview (100 marks) = Total marks 850
|Nature of Questions||Subjective-Type|
|Minimum Marks required||340|
|Duration||3 hours for each paper|
The applicants qualifying in Paper-I will be able to sit for Paper-II. PAPER-II must be attended totally in Tamil or English languages. Additionally, the marks scored in Paper-I won’t be considered for determination of a post. Just the scores in Paper-II alone will be considered.
Mains Exam Key Highlights
- The mains exam will be a subjective type question paper testing the candidate’s subject knowledge.
- There will be separate question papers for all three papers
- Each paper will carry a maximum weightage of 100 marks
- Candidates will be given a choice between Tamil and English to choose from to attempt the questions paper.
TNPSC Group 1 Mains Exam – Syllabus
- Modern Indian History and Indian Culture
- Social Issues – India and Tamil Nadu
- General Aptitude
- Mental Ability
- Indian Politics, Current Political Trends across the world affecting India.
- Impact of Science and Technology’s role in the Indian development
- Tamil Society – Culture and Heritage
- Geography of India with reference to the state of Tamil Nadu.
- Management of Disaster
- Latest trends in the Indian economy impacts the global economy of India
TNPSC 2021 Civil Service Exam Personality Test (Interview)
The applicants, who meet all requirements in the previous examinations, are called to attend the interview round, which is also the last round for selection. The aspirant is selected based on his mental preparation, clear and sensible composition, basic abilities of memorization, and so on. This test carries 40 marks. The passing marks for the mains exam and interview is 102 out of 340.
Detailed syllabus for TNPSC 2021
- Zoology: Animal, Ecology, Human diseases, Prevention & remedies, Health and hygiene, Blood and Circulation of Blood, Environment, Plants and Human life, Reproductive system, and Communicable diseases.
- Botany: Basic concepts of life science, Classification of Living Organisms, Respiration, Nutrition, and dietetics.
- Chemistry: Acids, Bases & Salts, pesticides, Fertilizers, Insecticides, Elements, and Compounds.
- Physics: Magnetism, Electronics, Nature of the universe, electricity, Mechanics, and properties of matter, force, motion, and energy, heat, light & sound.
- Public awareness and General administration.
- Economics – Current socio-economic problems.
- Geography – Geographical landmarks.
- Political Science.
- Political parties and political system in India.
- Problems in conduct of public elections.
- Welfare oriented government schemes and their utility.
- National symbols.
- Awards and ‘honours’.
- Profile of states.
- Eminent persons and places in the news.
- Sports and games.
- Books and authors.
- Latest diary of events.
- India and its neighbors.
- Earth and universe.
- Rivers in India.
- Solar system.
- Weather and climate.
- Water resources.
- Soil, minerals, and natural resources.
- Forest and wildlife.
- Agricultural pattern.
- Transport including surface transport and communication.
- Social geography.
- Population density and distribution.
- Natural calamities, etc.
- The preamble to the constitution.
- Salient features of the constitution.
- Constitution of India.
- Human rights charter.
- Union legislature.
- Fundamental rights.
- Fundamental duties.
- The rule of law, etc.
- Indian Economy.
Nature of Indian Economy:
- Five-year plan.
- Land reform and agriculture.
- Industrial growth.
- Rural welfare oriented programs.
- Social sector problem.
- Population, education, health, employment, poverty.
- Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
Now, all eyes will be on the official dates of the TNPSC 2021 Exam. Aspirants must stay tuned to the official website for more information. We wish all the luck!