1. Winners of ‘1st Print Biennale India 2018’ Given Away Awards in New Delhi
- M.L. Srivastava is the Protem Chairman of the Lalit Kala Akademi.
ii. The survey was conducted by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj. Digambarpur GP at Patharpratima block in South 24-Parganas has come up as the best out of 2.5 lakh Gram Panchayats in the country.
- West Bengal CM- Mamata Banerjee, Governor- Keshri Nath Tripathi.
- Sunderban tiger reserve and Buxa tiger reserves are situated in West Bengal.
- Hanumata Dam is in West Bengal built over Ganga River.
ii. Nitish Kumar released the books titled- ‘Mister M K Gandhi Ki Champaran Diary’ written by Arvind Mohan, ‘Champaran Andolan 1917’ edited by Ashutosh Partheshwar and ‘Pir Muhammad Munis: Kalam Ka Satyagrahi’ collected and edited by Srikant.
- The Champaran movement is acknowledged as the first Satyagraha movement inspired by Mahatma Gandhi.
ii. Until September 2017, 40% of Meghalaya was under AFSPA. It is now applicable only in 8 police stations in Arunachal, down from 16 police stations in 2017.
- Rajnath Singh is the Home Minister of India.
- Meghalaya CM- Conrad Sangma, Governor- Ganga Prasad.
- Balphakram National Park is located in Meghalaya.
5. World Book and Copyright Day: 23 April
ii. 23 April is a symbolic date for world literature. It is on this date in 1616 that Cervantes, Shakespeare and Inca Garcilaso de la Vega all died.
- 23 April was first proclaimed as World Book and Copyright Day by UNESCO in 1995.
ii. With this agreement, the IOB branches will be able to provide high-quality, authenticated information about debts and defaults; which will have more transparency in maintaining the list of borrowers, debtors, creditors and loan defaulters.
- MD & CEO of IOB- R. Subramaniakumar, Headquarters- Chennai.
- The NeSL became India’s first information utility (IU) for bankruptcy cases under the ‘Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) 2016’ in October 2017.
- President of the World Bank- Jim Yong Kim.
- Headquarters of World Bank: Washington, DC.
i. Tata Consultancy Services has created the history as the market capitalisation of the company has hit the 100 billion dollar mark, making it the first Indian IT company to achieve the mark. TCS shares rose by 2% to Rs. 3476.75, pushing the market capitalisation of India’s biggest outsourcer to Rs. 6,64,918 crore.
ii. TCS joined the ranks of the world’s 100 most valued organizations and now ranks 97th. The last Indian name to cross that threshold in 2007 was Reliance Industries Ltd.
- TCS is a part of salt-to-software conglomerate Tata group.
- Natarajan Chandrasekaran is the Chairman of TCS.
ii. A total 102 players including 13 from India will compete for 7 gold, 7 silver and 14 bronze medals each in men’s and women’s individual categories. Indian women made a clean sweep. India won all 7 Gold Medals in women’s section.
- This is the fourth time Nepal is hosting South Asian Judo Championship.
- Nepal Capital- Kathmandu, Currency- Nepalese rupee, President- Bidhya Devi Bhandari, Prime Minister- Khadga Prasad Oli.
ii. He has become the first male tennis player in the Open Era to win the same title 11 times in his career with his 76th ATP Tour title. Nadal also overtook Serbia’s Novak Djokovic to clinch most Masters 1000 titles (31).
11. Liverpool’s Egyptian Star Mohamed Salah Crowned PFA Player of the Year
i. Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has become the first Egyptian player to be named Professional Footballers’ Association player of the year.
ii. The 25-year-old, who was bought for £36.9 million by the English club, has already scored 41 goals this season.
ii. She became the world’s oldest person after the death of Violet Brown of Jamaica, also at the age of 117. According to the U.S.-based Gerontology Research Group, another Japanese woman, Chiyo Miyako, is now the world’s oldest person.
- Japan Capital- Tokyo, Currency- Japanese yen, Prime Minister- Shinzo Abe.