Defence Minister Launched Defence India Startup Challenge

The India Startup challenge was launched with a vision to build an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship in defence sector and make India self-reliant for meeting defence requirements. The defence ministry also signed a MoU with 5 incubators. IIM Ahmedabad, IIT Mumbai, Forge IIT Madras, and T hub who will work in tandem to provide solutions for defence requirements in Airforce, Navy and for Army.

About 65,000 Indonesians performed poco poco dance to promote Asian Games 2018

Indonesia’s Capital city Jakarta and the city of Palembang on Sumatra will jointly host Asian Games from August 18, 2018. Indonesian president Joko Widodo along with 65,000 Indonesians performed a mass dance through the streets of Jakarta to promote the Asian Games 2018 and try to set a world record along the way. Poco-poco is the original culture of Indonesia and it’s a native dance.

Virat Kohli topped ICC Rankings for Test Batsmen

Virat Kohli scored 149 and 51 in India’s 31-run defeat at Edgbaston and went up by 31 points which helped him as the top-ranked batsman. Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin gained 14 points following his four for 62 and three for 59 in the first Test. About Virat Kohli Virat Kohli an Indian international cricketer who currently captains the India national team. He received Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Cricketer of the Year) in 2017; ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2012.

Karman becomes 6th Indian woman to enter top 200 Tennis rankings in Singles

Karman Kaur Thandi, 20-year-old Delhi girl, jumped 32 places and now ranked 200th in the WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) list. In April, India’s top singles player Ankita had broken into the top-200 and is now ranked 195 (-4). Earlier, Sania Mirza, Nirupama Vaidyanathan, Shikha Uberoi and Sunitha Rao had made it to the top-200. In the men’s singles, Yuki Bhambri was unchanged at 86 while Ramkumar Ramanathan climbed four places to a career-best 111.

Gaganjeet Bhullar won European Tour Title

Gaganjeet Bhullar golf player won around 9 Asian Tour titles. He became the most successful Indian player on Asian Tour. He defeated Anthony Quayle of Australia.

Magnitude 7 Earthquake struck Indonesia

Powerful earthquake hit the popular Indonesian resort island of Lombok and Bali. The National Disaster Management Board reported that the death toll had risen to 37, then to 82. Earlier on July 29, a magnitude 6.4 earthquake hit Lombok and killed 16 people. Important Notes: Indonesia is prone to earthquakes due to its location on the Pacific “Ring of Fire,” an arc of volcanoes and fault lines in the Pacific Basin. In December 2004, a massive magnitude 9.1 earthquake off Sumatra triggered a tsunami that killed 2,30,000 people in many countries.

The government is to present fresh bids to Pawan Hans

The government is to present fresh bids for 100% stake sale in Pawan Hans by issuing an addendum to the disinvestment document as ONGC is ready to sell its entire stake in the company. The government has already issued the information memorandum for the 51% strategic stake sale in Pawan Hans and has sought Expression of Interest (EoI) from interested bidders. ONGC said that its board has resolved that it would prefer to exit Pawan Hans simultaneously with the government. Helicopter services provider Pawan Hans is a joint venture between the government and the state-owned ONGC. The government holds 51 per cent stake and ONGC owns the remaining 49 per cent shareholding. Pawan Hans has a fleet of 46 choppers.

Supreme Court to Get three Women Judges for the first time

After the central government cleared the elevation of Madras High Court Chief Justice Indira Banerjee. Other two judges are R Banumathi and Indu Malhotra. Overall There are 22 male judges including two new male appointees in Supreme court.

United Kingdom announces new organ donation plan to address Indian-origin shortages

The proposed new system of consent for organ and tissue donation is expected to come into effect in England in 2020. This announcement comes as a recent report called on the National Health Service (NHS) to take more proactive action to address the high death rate among Indian-origin people in Britain due to low levels of organ donation within the community.

AH Vishwanath has been appointed as the President of the JD(S) party, Karnataka

AH Vishwanath, Hunsuru MLA and senior Janata Dal (Secular) leader has been appointed as the President of the JD(S) party. He replaces HD Kumaraswamy, the Chief Minister of Karnataka, as the state president of the party. The decision was made in order to relieve the CM from the additional burden, so that, he can focus on his role as CM. This move in JD(S) party as the party’s preparations for the Lok Sabha elections i



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here