|All Exams Free Study Material and PDFs Join Our Telegram Channel
||Click Here Join Now|
Candidates who are appearing for any type of competitive exam would swear by the importance of studying the current affairs notes . In a lot of exams, including UPSC, IBPS, SBI , INSURANCE, Current Affairs is one of the most important pillars. A lot of questions are directly asked from current events and happenings having political, economic and social ramifications on the country.If such is the case you absolutely cannot compromise on the Notes you refer to brush up your knowledge on General Knowledge.One should have complete knowledge about the banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update of 6th November to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Minister of State for HRD Shri Sanjay Dhotre launches Shaala Darpan portal for Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
- Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Shri Sanjay Dhotre launched Shaala Darpan portal, an E-Governance school automation and management system for NavodayaVidyalayaSamiti (NVS) in New Delhi .
- This single integrated platform has been developed for information sharing and knowledge dissemination for the 22000 employees and over 2 lakh students across schools and offices of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
- Commissioner of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Shri Bishwajit Kumar Singh and Executive Director of C-DAC Shri VivekKhanejawere also present on this occasion.
Union HRD Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Smt. Harsimr at Kaur Badal to launch three books on Guru Nanak Dev Ji
- Union Human Resource Development Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Minister for Food Processing Industries Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal will launch three books on Guru Nanak Dev Ji tomorrow (7-11-2019) at Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Khalsa College, University of Delhi tomorrow on the occasion of 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
- The National Book Trust, India has published three titles – Guru Nanak Bani, Nanak Bani, and Sakhian Guru Nanak Dev–to spread the message of Guru Nanak Dev’s writings amongst readers of Indian sub-continent. These books published originally in Punjabi shall be translated into 15 major Indian languages.
Italian Film “Despite the Fog” to Open 50th IFFI
- The 50th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) is all set to spell bound audiences with the Opening Film of the Festival, which is “Despite the Fog (Nonostante La Nebbia)”, directed by GoranPaskaljevic, one of Europe’s most respected filmmakers.
- The Asia Premiere of the Italian film will bring to screen the story of Paolo, owner of a restaurant in a small town in the province of Rome, returning home after work on a rainy evening
Indian Railway’s Introduces ‘Uttam Rake’ as a gift to Mumbaikars on 69th Foundation Day of Western Railway
- Indian Railways, on the auspicious occasion of 69th Foundation Day of Western Railway on 5th November, 2019, introduced the state-of-the-art “UTTAM RAKE” in its inaugural run as Ladies Special local train from Churchgate to Virar.Uttam rake has improved interiors and advanced features to bring more comfort for Mumbaikars.
Ministry of Shipping Announces First Ever Movement of Container Cargo On Brahmaputra
- The first ever containerised cargo movement via Indo-Bangladesh protocol route and Brahmaputra river will start from West Bengal’s Haldia
- The vessel MV Maheshwari, carrying 53 containers of petrochemicals, edible oil and beverage will take 12-15 days to reach the IWAI terminal at Pandu in Assam’s Guwahati,
- The vessel will sail through national waterway-1 (river Ganga), NW-97 (Sunderbans), IndoBangladesh protocol route and NW-2 (river Brahmaputra).
The Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) launched the SkillsBuild platform in collaboration with IBM.
- As part of the programme, a two-year advanced diploma in IT, networking and cloud computing, co-created and designed by IBM, will be offered at the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) & National Skill Training Institutes (NSTIs).
- The platform will be extended to train ITI & NSTI faculty on building skills in Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- The digital platform will provide a personal assessment of the cognitive capabilities and personality via MyInnerGenius to the students.
Agriculture Minister releases 5th edition of Wastelands Atlas 2019
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar released the 5th edition of Wastelands Atlas 2019.
- The Atlas, published jointly by Department of Land Resources and National Remote Sensing Centre, provides robust geospatial information on wasteland.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Assam government sign Rs 400-crore (50 mn Euro) pact with French Development Agency
- The French Development Agency (AFD) and the Government of Assam signed a 50 million euro project agreement (total budget of 62.5 million euro) towards supporting the state government’s initiative to restore Assam’s forest ecosystems and preserve their biodiversity.
- The loan of 50 million euro (Rs 400 crore) would be utilised for implementing the second phase of the Assam Project for Forest and Biodiversity Conservation (APFBC), which aims to reforest an additional 12,000 hectares of land, scale up efforts in biodiversity conservation and skill the members of 135 additional communities in different trades
- The total budget of the second phase is Rs 500 crore (the State government will contribute Rs 100 crore).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Fitch Solutions raises India’s FY20 fiscal deficit forecast to 3.6 per cent of GDP
- Fitch Solutions on Wednesday raised India’s fiscal deficit forecast to 3.6 per cent of the GDP for this fiscal year, from 3.4 per cent previously, due to weak revenue collections resulting from sluggish economic growth and government’s sweeping corporate tax rate cut.
- Fitch said it was revising the fiscal deficit forecast as revenue collection is likely to fall far short of the projections in the FY2019/20 Union Budget due to weak goods and services tax (GST) and corporate income tax collections.
ADB to provide USD 451 mn for the CKIC corridor
- The Asian Development Bank is to provide a $451 million loan to strengthen the power connectivity between southern and northern parts of the Chennai-Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC) in Tamil Nadu.
- The total estimated cost of the project is $653.5 million, of which the government will provide $202.5 million. The project has been estimated to be the completed date of the project is the end of 2024.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
IPS Ocer Aditya Mishra Appointed as Chairman of Land Ports Authority of India
- Senior IPS officer Aditya Mishra was appointed as the chairman of the Land Ports Authority of India (LPAI)
- Mishra is a 1989 batch IPS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOUR
Serbia’s Sara Damnjanovic crowned Miss Asia Global 2019
- Serbia’s Sara Damnjanovic has been crowned ‘Miss Asia Global 2019’ at the international beauty contest held recently in Kochin, Kerala.
- While Vietnam’s Nguyen Thi Yen Trang won the ‘Miss Asia’ title, Samiksha Singh from India took home the sub-title of ‘Miss Beautiful Face’
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Sun Pharma pacts with AstraZeneca to develop oncology products for China
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd entered into a licensing agreement with AstraZeneca UK Ltd.
- The partnership aims to introduce new infusion oncology products in China. It aims to introduce specialty and generics products in the China market and the licensing agreement.
- As per the agreement, Sun Pharma will be responsible for the development, regulatory filings and manufacturing the products. AstraZeneca will distribute and promote these products in China.
MSTC ties up with Allahabad Bank to develop e-auction platform
- MSTC Ltd has signed an agreement with Allahabad Bank for the development of a dedicated e-Auction platform.
- This platform directly linked with the Indian Banking Association’s portal (https://ibapi.net) for sale of non-performing assets (NPAs) through the SARFAESI (Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Securities Interest) Act.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
Shri Mansukh Mandaviya to inaugurate tomorrow the first ever ‘BIMSTEC Ports’ Conclave’ in Vishakhapatnam, AP
- The Minister of State (I/C) for Shipping,Shri Mansukh Mandaviya will inauguratetomorrow the first ever‘BIMSTEC Ports’ Conclave’at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh to be held on 7-8 November 2019.
- The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) is an International Organization involving a group of countries in the South Asia and South East Asia namely, Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Bhutan and Nepal. Delegates from the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, the Kingdom of Bhutan, the Republic of India, and the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal, the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka and the Kingdom of Thailand.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
China launches Sudan’s first ever satellite “SRSS-1”
- Sudan’s first-ever satellite for conducting research in military, economic and space technology has been launched by China.
- Sudan’s remote-sensing satellite (SRSS-1), was developed by the Shenzhen Aerospace Oriental Red Sea Satellite Co.
- The satellite was launched aboard China’s Long March-4B rocket along with other Chinese satellites including Gaofen 7, Xiaoxiang-1 08, Whampoa 1 from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in northern China.
Harsh Vardhan inaugurates global Mega Science Exhibition ‘Vigyan Samagam’
- Union Minister of Science & Technology and Minister of Earth Science has inaugurated India’s 1-ever multi-venue Mega science exhibition, ‘Vigyan Samagam 2019’, in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- The exhibition organized by Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Department of Science and Technology (DST), and the National Council of Science Museums(NCSM), Ministry of Culture
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Biggest US-Bangladesh Navy exercise starts in Chattogram, Bangladesh
- The second phase of the biggest US- Bangladesh Navy exercise named ‘Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT)- 2019’ started in Chattogram, Bangladesh.
- CARAT is one of the U.S. Navy’s longest continually running exercise in South Asia and Southeast Asia.
Shripad Naik inaugurates DRDO’s Igniter Complex at HEMRL, Pune
- Union Minister of State for Defence Shripad Naik inaugurated the Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) Igniter Complex at High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) in Pune, Maharashtra.
- HEMRL, a premier laboratory of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), is primarily engaged in developing rocket and gun propellants, pyrotechnic devices, high-explosive systems and synthesis of high-energy molecules