Tagline → ‘India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub’.
Organized by→ Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence , M/s Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
DefExpo India has become one of the largest events of its kind in the world for the last 10 years. The 10th edition of DefExpo is being held in Chennai from 11 to 14 April 2018 and there is tremendous response to the event. The location of the event is Tiruvidanthal, Kancheepuram district on the East Coast Road near Chennai.
DefExpo 2018 will, for the first time, project India’s Defence manufacturing capabilities to the world. This is reflected in the tagline for the Expo, ‘India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub’. DefExpo 2018 will help brand India as a defence exporter of defence systems and components. While showcasing strengths of India’s substantial public sector, it will also uncover India’s growing private industry and spreading MSME base for components and sub-systems.
671 exhibitors have confirmed their space booking in DefExpo as on March 30, 2018. These include 517 Indian exhibitors and 154 international exhibitors. Nearly 15% of the total exhibition space has been booked by MSMEs.
Indian participation include majors like Tata, L&T, Kalyani, Bharat Forge, Mahindra, MKU, DRDO, HAL, BEL, BDL, BEML, MDL, GRSE, GSL, HSL, MIDHANI, Ordnance Factories, and many others.
Major international companies including Lockheed Martin, Boeing (USA), Saab (Sweden), Airbus, Rafael (France), Rosonboron Exports, United Shipbuilding (Russia), BAE Systems (UK), Sibat (Israel), Wartsila (Finland), Rhode and Schwarz (Germany) among many others.
47 official delegations from different countries have confirmed their participation in DefExpo as on March 30, 2018. 13 of these delegations are at Ministerial level. Several countries have large delegations with over 10 delegates showing tremendous interest in DefExpo 2018. Ministerial level delegations are from countries including USA, UK, Afghanistan, Czech Republic, Finland, Italy, Madagascar, Myanmar, Nepal, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Seychelles, Vietnam
Highlights of the event:
- A first of its kind National Level Open Challenge Competition– “Solution to Problem” – DefExpo 2018 for finding solutions to the defence related problems by Innovators, Students, Professionals, Participants and Foreign Nationals who are attending DefExpo – 2018.
- India Pavilion is being set up for the first time in DefExpo. The India Pavilion will showcase combined strength of India’s public sector and private sector in defence production.
- First ever combined live display of Naval, Aero and Land Systems at same venue.
- DefExpo Inaugural Ceremony will be webcast to live audiences in Indian Embassies across the world.
- DefExpo Inaugural Ceremony would also be webcast on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Periscope, etc.
- Two major international collaboration events are being held on the sidelines on DefExpo. These include:
- Joint Commission with South Korea on April 9, 2018 in Delhi
- Military-Industry Cooperation with Russia on April 13, 2018 at DefExpo Venue.