Choose the right option :
1. As the boat __________ all those onboard fortunately managed to reach the bank of the river __________ with the help of the life boats.
(d) deceased, unhurt
(e) sank,, safely
2. Ashima __________ her team with a lot of skill and the__________ Increase In the sales by the team is a measure of her success.
3. On being asked for the passport he __________ to his dismay that he had __________ to bring it along with him to the airport.
4. Helen quickly __________ the career ladder and is now the __________ managing director, the company has ever appointed.
(a) Jumped, shortest
(b) entered,, oldest
(c)started, Junior most
5. A famous economist says that the government should do more to __________ jobs in the area in order to curb the __________ rate of unemployment.
(e)generate – slowing
6. Centre should __________ministries, whose functions __________ with the state ministries to save money, deliver efficiency and avoid duplication of work.
(a) finish, diffe
7. Many people __________ genetically modified food but the reality is that all the food that we eat has been genetically modified naturally by thousands of years of __________
8. Given that only seven percent of the country’s labor force the organised sector, training options __________for the unorganized sectors should also be__________
(d)existing, restricted .
9. Government initiatives and participation of many industrial houses in __________ loans to the villager have led to the __________ of the farmers.
(d) subsidizing, suffering,
(e) taking, advancement
10. Indians will __________one fourth of total work force in the next five years but India needs to introspect whether its education system is __________ for these demographic dividends.
(e) comprise, prepared