History and Generation of Computers
History and Generations of computer is an important chapter of Computer Awareness for Bank Exams. Computer awareness is a section in upcoming NICL AO Mains and it is also a section in the mains examination of IBPS RRB, IBPS PO and IBPS Clerk exams. Last year many questions in IBPS Examination were from this topic History and Generations, so aspirants must also prepare this along with other topics. You can find more study notes on computer terms asked in recent bank exams and start your preparation.
1. In 1822, Charles Babbage conceptualized and began developing the Difference Engine, considered to be the first automatic computing machine.
2. Then after almost a decade, Charles Babbage proposed the first general mechanical computer, the Analytical Engine. The Analytical Engine contained an Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU), basic flow control, and integrated memory concept and is the first general-purpose computer.
3. In 1946, ENIAC- Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer was the first electronic general-purpose computer. It was the first large-scale computer to run at electronic speed without being slowed by any mechanical parts. And it was invented by J.Presper Eckert and John W. Mauchly.
4. Douglas Engelbart invented the first computer mouse.
5. First computer with RAM – MIT introduces the Whirlwind machine, a revolutionary computer that was the first digital computer with magnetic core RAM and real-time graphics.
6. The first minicomputer – In 1960 Digital Equipment Corporation released its first of many PDP computers the PDP-1.
7. The first laptop – First Laptop was introduced in 1981 by Adom Osborne and the company “EPSON” manufactured first Laptop.
The following table categorises generations of computers and other important factors associated with the generations.
|Period||1940-1956||1956-1963||1964-1971||1971-present||present & beyond|
|Circuitry||Vacuum tube||Transistor||Integrated chips (IC)||Microprocessor (VLSI)||ULSI (Ultra Large Scale Integration) technology|
|20 KB||128KB||1MB||Magnetic core memory, LSI and VLSI. High Capacity||ULSI|
|300 IPS instructions Per sec.||300 IPS||1MIPS (1 million inst. Per sec.)||Faster than 3rd generation||Very fast|
|Assembly language & early high-level languages(FORTRAN,
|C,C++||Higher level languages,C,C++,Java||All the Higher level languages,,Neural
|UNIVAC, EDVAC||IBM 1401, IBM 7094, CDC
3600,D UNIVAC 1108
|IBM 360 series, 1900 series||Pentium series,Multimedia,||Artificial Intelligence, Robotics|
|Maths Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download||English Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download|
|GK/GS/GA Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download||Reasoning Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download|
|Banking Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download||DI Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download|
|All Subject Topicwise Short Tricks > Click Here To Download||Static GK & Awareness Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download|
|Please Support us by Joining Below Groups & Like Our Pages we will be very thankful to you.|
|Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/governmentadda/|
|Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/governmentadda/|
|Telegram||Official Channel : https://telegram.me/GovtAdda|
|Current Affairs Channel : https://telegram.me/Ga_Buzz|
|UPSC Channel : https://telegram.me/CivilServicesAdda|
|SSC Channel : https://telegram.me/SscAdda|
|Banking Channel : https://telegram.me/IbpsZone|
|RBI Group : https://telegram.me/RbiZone|
|Railway RRB Channel : https://telegram.me/RailwayZone|
|IT Officer Group : https://telegram.me/IT_Officer|
|Insurance Group : https://telegram.me/InsuranceZone|
|Job Alert Channel : https://telegram.me/JobAlert|
|Youtube||Click Here To Subscribe Now|
|We Recommend Anujjindal.in|
|RBI, SEBI & NABARD Free Courses||Free Combo Course Click Here|
|RBI, SEBI & NABARD Free Mocks||Attempt Free Mock Test|
|RBI, SEBI & NABARD Complete Courses||Get 100% Selection Course|
|RBI, SEBI & NABARD Current Affairs||Download Free Current Affairs Capsule|
Share & Support Us