Directions(1-10): Solve the problems
1. The ratio of the present ages of Tanu and Vanita is 3 : 7. After 4 years Vanita’s age will be 39 years. What was Tanu’s age 6 years ago?
2. The average age of 8 girls is increased by 2 yr when two of them whose ages are 21 and 23 yr are replaced by two new girls. The average age of the two new girls is
3. The sum of the ages of Mrs Reema and Mrs Komal is 128. The ratio of their ages six years hence will be 15 : 13. What is Mr Reema’s present age?
4. The ages of Mira, Tina and Sania are in the ratio of 6: 4: 7 respectively. If the sum of their ages is 34 yr, what is Sania’s age?
5. Michelle got married 9 years ago. Today her age is 4/3 times her age at the time of marriage. At present her daughter’s age is one-sixth of her age. What was her daughter’s age two years ago?
6. Ritu’s present age is three years less than twice her age 12 years ago. Also, the ratio of Raj’s present age to Ritu’s present age is 4 : 9. What will be Raj’s age after 5 years?
7. The ratio between the present ages of Rakhi and Sita is 5 : 7 respectively. After eight years Rakhi’s age will be 28 years. What was Sita’s age 5 years ago?
8. The ages of Melwyn and Louis are in the ratio of 7 : 10 respectively. After 6 years the ratio of their ages will be 17 : 23. What is the difference in their ages?
9. At present Anil is 1.5 times Purvi’s age. Eight years hence, the respective ratio between Anil and Purvi’s ages then will be 25 : 18. What is Purvi’s present age?
10. Harsha is 40 yr old and Rith is 60 yr old. How many years ago was the ratio of their ages 3:5?