|All Exams Free Study Material and PDFs Join Our Telegram Channel
||Click Here Join Now|
Directions (Q. 1-5): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions which follow
Ten friends are sitting on twelve seats in two parallel rows containing five people each, in such a way that there is an equal distance between adjacent persons. In Row 1: A, B, C, D and E are seated and all of them are facing south, and in Row 2: P, Q, R, S and T are sitting and all of them are facing north. One seat is vacant in each row. Therefore, in the given seating arrangement each member seated in a row faces another member of the other row.
All of them like different colors – Red, Green, Black, Yellow, White, Blue, Brown, Purple, Pink and Grey, but not necessarily in the same order. There are two seats between Q and the vacant seat. Q does not like White, Red and Purple. E is not an immediate neighbor of C. B likes Grey. Vacant seat of row 1 is not opposite to S and is also not at any of the extreme ends of Row-1.The one who likes Black sits opposite to the one, who sits third to the right of the seat, which is opposite to S. C is not an immediate neighbor of D. T, who likes neither White nor Blue, does not face vacant seat. D faces R. The vacant seats are not opposite to each other. Two seats are there between C and B, who sits third right of the seat, on which the person who likes Brown is sitting. S sits third to the right of seat on which R sits and likes Yellow. The one who likes Pink faces the one who likes Yellow. The persons who like Red and Purple are adjacent to each other. The vacant seat in row 1 is not adjacent to D.Q sits at one of the extreme ends. E neither likes Pink nor faces the seat which is adjacent to the one who likes Blue. The one who likes White is not to the immediate right of the one who likes Yellow. The person who likes Green doesn’t face the person who likes Purple.
1. How many persons are sitting between T and the one who likes yellow color?
E) None of these
2. Which of the following faces the vacant seat of Row – 2?
A) The one who like white color
D) The one who likes grey color
E) Cannot be determined
3. Who is sitting at the immediate left of person who likes purple color?
C) The one who likes black color
D) The one who likes green color
E) The one who likes grey color
4. Who amongst the following sits at the extreme end of the row?
A) R, Q
B) E, S
C) T, C
D) C, D
E) None of these
5. If Q is made to sit on vacant seat of his row, then how many persons are there between the persons
who sit opposite to Q now and who sat opposite to Q previously?
Direction (Q. 6-10): Study the following information to answer the given question.
Eight friends E, F, G, H, L, M, N and O are seated in a straight line, facing north, but not necessarily in the same order. O sits at the extreme right end of the line. Only four people sit between O and G. Both F and M are immediate neighbours of G. Only two people sit between M and L. L is not an immediate neighbor of O. N sits second to left of E.
6. What is the position of L with respect to G?
(a) Third to the right
(b) To the immediate left
(c) Second to the right
(d) Fourth to the right
(e) Second to the left
7. Based on the given arrangement, which of the following is true with respect to N?
(a) Only three persons sit between N and O.
(b) None of the given options is true.
(c) Only one person sits to the right of N.
(d) E sits to immediate right of N.
(e) Both L and F are immediate neighbours of N
8. Who amongst the following people represents the person seated at the extreme left end of the line?
9. How many persons are seated between O and E?
10. Who amongst the following sit exactly between M and L?
(a) E, N
(b) F, O
(c) F, G
(d) E, G
(e) H, N
Directions: (11-15): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
Six girls – A, B, C, D, E and F are sitting in a row facing North and six boys – P, Q, R, S, T and U are sitting in a different row facing South, but not necessarily in the same order. Each girl in a row is facing exactly one boy from the other row. The following information is known about them.
P sits second to the right of the person who sits opposite B. B does not sit at any end of the row. C and D are immediate neighbors of B, and one of them sits at an extremes. E sits second to the left of D but not opposite R. P is a neighbor of R but is not opposite F. Neither Q nor T are adjacent to P. T is adjacent to either R or Q but not both. U is a neighbor of the person who sits opposite E.
11. Who sits opposite C?
12. Who sits second to the left of R?
13. If S and D interchange their positions, then who sits to the immediate left of D?
14. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Find the one which does not belong to that
(a) U, A
(b) P, B
(c) D, S
(d) C, R
(e) D, T
15. Which of the following is true, according to the given information?
(a) U and C are at the extremes.
(b) R sits second to the right of S.
(c) T sits to the immediate right of Q.
(d) B sits second to the left of A.
(e) All the above