Q1.A cistern has 3 pipes A, B and C. A and B can fill it in 3 hours and 4 hours respectively while C can empty the completely filled cistern in 1 hour. If the pipes are opened in order at 3, 4 and 5 p.m. respectively, at what time will the cistern be empty?
(1) 6 : 15 p.m. (2) 7 : 12 p.m (3) 8 : 12 p.m. (4) 8 : 35 p.m. (5) None of these
Q2.A steamer goes downstream from one port to another in 4 hours. it covers the same distance upstream in 5 hours. if the speed of stream is 2 km/hr., the distance between the two ports is
(1) 50 km (2) 60 km (3) 70 km (4) 80 km (5) None of these
Q3.In an alloy, zinc and copper are in the ratio 1 : 2. In the second alloy, the same elements are in the ratio 2 : 3. In what ratio should the two alloys be mixed so that the resultant alloy contains zinc and copper in the ratio 5 : 8,
(1) 3 : 10 (2) 3 : 7 (3) 10 : 3 (4) 7 : 3 (5) None of these
Q4.Mr. NileshAgrawal opened a workshop investing Rs. 40,000. He invested additional amount of Rs. 10,000 every year. After two years his brother Suresh joined him with an amount of Rs. 8,5000. Thereafter Suresh did not invest any additional amount. On completion of four years from the opening of workshop they earned an amount of Rs. 1,95,000. What will be Nilesh’s share in the earning?
(1) Rs. 85000 (2) Rs.1,10,000 (3) Rs. 1,35,000 (4) Rs. 95,000 (5) None of these
Q5.A tradesman, who was selling one kind of tea at Rs. 96 per kg with a loss of 20% and another kind at Rs. 140 per kg with a gain of 25%, mixes the two together in equal ratio. He sells the mixed tea at Rs. 174 per kg. his gain is
(1) 50% (2) 45% (3) 30% (4) 25% (5) None of these
Directions (6-10): The questions given below contain two statements giving certain data. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient for answering the question? Mark answer–
(1) If statement I alone is sufficient but statement II alone is not sufficient.
(2) If statement II alone is sufficient but statement I alone is not sufficient.
(3) If each statement alone (either I or II) is sufficient.
(4) If statement I and II together are not sufficient.
(5) If both statement together are sufficient, but neither statement alone is sufficient.
Q6.The total marks obtained by A, B, C and D in Science are 200. How many marks did A obtain?
I. The marks obtained by A is one-third of the total marks obtained by B, C and D.
II. The average marks obtained by B and C is 10 more than the marks obtained by D.
Q7.The area of a rectangle is equal to area of a circle. What is the length of rectangle?
I. The diameter of the circle is 28 cm. II. The breadth of the rectangle is 24 cm.
Q8.What is the ratio of boys to girls in a class?
I. The number of girls in the class is 3 less than half the number of boys.
II. The number of girls in the class is 2/5th of number of boys.
Q9.How much distance did the train cover?
I. The average speed of train is 40 km/hr.
II. During its 8 hours journey it runs 3 hours at 75 km/hr. and 5 hours at 45 km/hr.
Q10.Raman, Gagan and Niliesh together started a business. What is the share of Gagan in the earned profit?
I. The ratio of amount invested by Raman, Gagan and Niliesh is 2 : 4 : 7.
II. The share of NIliesh in the profit is Rs. 8750.