Best Study Plan for RBI Grade B Exam 2019
RBI Grade B Study Plan 2019 : How to crack RBI Grade B exam in first attempt. RBI Grade B Study Plan for Prelims 2019. RBI Grade B Study Plan for Mains 2019. RBI Grade B Preparation Strategy. RBI Grade B Preparation Tips & Tricks. RBI Grade B exam 2019 Best study Plan. How to crack RBI Officer Prelims & Mains Exam 2019 ?
We hope you all have been preparing so well for this RBI Grade B Prelims 2019 Exam. If you are serious about cracking RBI Grade B Prelim 2019, then you should put in all your effort towards it. Studying hard is required but studying smart is what can bring you success!!!!. Must Look into RBI Grade B Old Question Papers.
|We Recommend Testbook APP|
|100+ Free Mocks For RRB NTPC & Group D Exam||Attempt Free Mock Test|
|100+ Free Mocks for IBPS & SBI Clerk Exam||Attempt Free Mock Test|
|100+ Free Mocks for SSC CGL 2021 Exam||Attempt Free Mock Test|
|100+ Free Mocks for Defence Police SI 2021 Exam||Attempt Free Mock Test|
|100+ Free Mocks for UPSSSC 2021 Exam||Attempt Free Mock Test|
For Best Handwritten Notes for All Subjects & Trades Join Our Telegram Channel >> Click Here
RBI Grade B is conducted by the Reserve Bank of India for the recruitment of Grade B officers at their branches. The primary duties of a Grade B Officer in RBI involve Managing the Government and Central Bank Accounts, maintaining circulation of currencies and Keeping a check on inflation.
It is highly essential that a student frames a RBI Grade B study plan as per RBI Grade B important topics. The RBI Grade B recruitment consists of three phases:
- Phase 1 (Objective test)
- Phase 2 (Descriptive test)
- Phase 3 (Interview)
RBI Officer Grade B Prelims Exam Pattern 2019
The prelims exam will carry all objective type questions. Total 200 questions will be asked for 200 marks. Questions will be asked from 4 sections – General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, and Reasoning. The time duration of prelims exam is 2 hours.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Awareness||80||80||2 Hours|
RBI Grade B Officer 2019 Syllabus for Phase-I (Prelims)
- Reasoning: Inequality, Coding-Decoding, Syllogism, Machine Input Output, Data Sufficiency, Circular Arrangement, Linear Arrangement, Floor Puzzle, Scheduling, Verbal Reasoning, Ordering and Ranking, Arrangement and Pattern, Blood Relations, Direction and Distance, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Ratio and Proportion, Average, Time and Work, Speed, Distance and Time, Mixture and Allegations, Stocks and Shares, Percentage, Permutation and Combination, Algebra, Trigonometry, Data Interpretation, Mensuration, Probability, Set Theory, etc.
- English Language: Grammar, Vocabulary, Error Spotting, Comprehension, Passage Making, Jumble Words, Fill in the Blanks, Sentence Framing, etc.
- General Awareness: Current Affairs, Indian Financial System, Indian Banking System, Monetary Plans, National Institution, Banking Terms, etc.
Strict Study Plan is a must
- Aspirants are bound to give a certain amount of time to a particular topic or subject when his preparations are revolving around a plan.
- The topics are like milestones to be crossed to them.
- Once you are done with a particular topic, you are kind of excited for the next one.
- Also, when there is a plan, there is a deadline too to wind up certain topics within a certain period of time.
- Regular studies reduce the level of stress, as the number of topics to be done does not accumulate into blizzards, hence provide the aspirant with a better physical and mental health.
- So much is happening every day that unless you keep yourself abreast of these changes you cannot adjust yourself to them or tackle the GA section of RBI Grade B exam 2019 smoothly and easily.
- To save your precious time, we provide you with an alternative that is our “Daily GK Update”that contains only the news that is important from the point of view of RBI Grade B Examination.
- Apart from the GA Section, an excellent knowledge of current news also helps you deal with the GDPI.
- Your vocabulary and English skills can also be improved if you maintain reading newspapers on a regular basis.
Put what you learn into practice
- Practicing with Test Series helps you ace the original tests/examinations.
- Computer based Test Series for RBI Grade B also help you save your time as they simulate the real tests and let you know you how to attempt the questions in a way that you are able to attempt the maximum number of questions within the stipulated time.
- It also gives you an All India Rank so as you can assess where you stand and how much more you need to work.
- Many test series comprise of a range of questions that equate the level of frequently asked questions, previous year questions, and new pattern questions for RBI Prelims as well as Mains Examination.
RBI Grade B Officer Prelims Strategy & Study Plan
The Paper 1 is of 200 Marks and four sections:
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
General Awareness, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language which consist of 80 questions, 60 questions, 30 questions, and 30 questions respectively. From this mentioned pattern it is clear that General Awareness and reasoning are going to play a really important role in your selection as these two sections alone consist of 70% of weightage. So, it is suggested to read current affair properly of last 3-4 months and distribute your time wisely for this section and reasoning. Further discussing the strategy lets come to each section separately.
It is better to start the preparation with phase 2 and then move on to phase 1 with one or 1.5 months before the exam.
- Now, a lot of us spend more time in searching for books and looking for strategies than actually reading those books or implementing those strategies. With just a couple of months in hand, stop scouring strategies and get on with serious studying. There is no single perfect strategy to succeed in such exams. All of us who had cleared the exam had our own strategy that suited us best. So have your own strategy and follow them. Set targets – both short term and long term and follow them.
- Do not pile up books. Don’t end up buying, and trying to finish every book that has been told to you for the exam by anyone you came across. One or two standard books per subject are enough.
- When on the internet go through the FAQ section of the website or . These two sites are treasure trove of knowledge about whatever you need for RBI Grade B exam.
- For phase I, don’t try to master all sections or focus only on one. You just need to be good enough in each of them. Your target should be 50+ in GA, 10–15 in Quant, 15-20 in English, 25–30 in Reasoning.
- Read one standard newspaper daily. Preferably, Indian Express or The Hindu. That would help you in GA, Essay, English as well as Interview. Read business newspapers (ET, Mint, etc) only if you have time. They are not absolutely necessary as such.
Phase 1 strategy:
Phase 1 is a 2 hours screening test of 200 marks. You are supposed to attempt 200 questions in just 120 minutes. TIME MANAMGEMENT & CHOICE OF QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED, are deciding factors. There are four different sections, and apart from overall cut off, you have to clear individual section wise cut off also.
How to attempt paper: I prefer to first attempt English Section, as this is the easiest section and least time consuming. It helped psychologically and brought down the anxiety. English section should took around 15 minutes.After completing English and GK in first 40 minutes, Move on to Quant part. Here attempt around 15 questions in 20 minutes. But hit rate must be 100%. Next 50 minutes must be devoted to reasoning section and attempt around 50 questions. In last 10 minutes attempted few more questions in Quant section. In total attempts were 170+. One should attempt DI question early, final minutes should be devoted to single questions.
RBI Grade B Officer ENGLISH Language Strategy & Study Plan
There are 30 questions of English. Although English is quite simple but you need to be perfect here to identify the errors in one go. You must target at least 25 correct hits in this section in not more than 15-18 minutes. So you have roughly 30 seconds time to read a question, identify the correct option, mark it and move on to next question. Prepare to the level that you don’t feel any need to re-read the statements. Also there is requirement of very high accuracy. As most aspirants came across are from good academic background and have basic competence in English, I don’t recommend that you focus on any text books.
Some tips for English improvement – (Though it will not help in short term, but beginners can use it in long term. Good English is essential in Phase-2 and interview phase of the process.)
- While reading newspapers read it consciously and notice the nuances of English language. This way you will learn the use of articles, models, and all other grammatical things.
- If you don’t have good vocabulary, then you can make a diary for it and when you come across any new phrase or idiom or word in newspaper, note it down along with the meaning and the use. Also write down its similar word in your mother tongue. Our memory works best when we memorize the things in our mother tongue.Make your self-talk work for you– try to have your internal conversations in English. We hesitate to talk with people (especially well wishers) in English, because of judgment factor. But you can make all the mistakes in your self-talk without any fear of being judged. One month of conscious self-talk will show tremendous impact on your English grammar.
- Still if you feel that your English is not up-to the mark, then you can practice (just reading will not help) these two books – Word Power Made Easy for vocabulary and, Wren & Martin for English Grammar. If you spend time online then visit British council website.
- Download all governmentadda.com english pdfs
RBI Grade B Officer General Awareness Strategy & Study Plan
Performance in this section will decide your overall performance. You have to score well in this section to clear overall cutoff. There are 80 questions of GK, which u should target to attempt in 20 minutes. So you have to finish one question in less than 15 seconds. 50 marks in this section can be assumed as decent score.
RBI conducts phase-1 exam and thus this part is more in line with other banking exams. Unlike Civil Services Exam, questions here are extremely factual. A lot of questions come from banking awareness section. Apart from that, government schemes, projects, budget data, personality, places in news, awards etc are focus areas.
Source for preparing GK:
1. Governmentadda website– this website covers news in detail on daily basis. Also there is sector vise compilation of news. Follow it and make your personal notes for revision in last days. Give special attention to “Banking current Affair” section.
2. PIB website – this is the best source for reading government happening. News is published ministry vise.
3. Newspaper – any decent national newspaper will be enough. Make notes.
4. Speeches of RBI governor and Dy. Governor provide deep insight into current issues of economic field, especially banking sector and financial inclusion. This will boost up your analytical knowledge and prove very helpful at interview stage.
5. Economic survey
7. Macroeconomics NCERT.
8. If you lack in understanding and have enough time, then follow RSTV youtube channel, and AIR news analysis. It will not help you directly but will improve your understanding of issues and will be useful in phase 2 and interview stage.
9. Join Governmentadda Official Telegram channel :- Click Here
10. Download all governmentadda.com gk pdfs
RBI Grade B Officer Reasoning Strategy & Study Plan
There are total 60 questions. It is a challenging task to attempt all the questions in given time. So you have to be very clear about your strengths and weaknesses, and have a clear plan of which type of questions you are going to attempt and which you will leave. If you attempt above 40 questions with good hit rate, in around 45 minutes then you are safe. Aspirants from mathematics background should capitalize their strength by scoring well in quant and reasoning section.
- If you closely analyze the pattern of the exam, then you will realize that there are only 10-15 types of questions.
- There is always a proper logical method to solve questions. Only after mastering proper methods, go for shortcuts and tricks. Otherwise your speed and efficiency will not increase beyond a limit.
- Read the theory part (especially of coding-decoding, syllogism etc). Pick any good book and stick to that, there don’t collect garbage. I would recommend “ANALYTICAL REASONING by M.K. Pandey.” But if you have any other book then stick to that and governmentadda.com all free reasoning pdfs.
- Theory → practice questions → analyze performance → back to Theory →
- Some types of questions are time consuming and sometimes few questions are specifically framed to trap you. DON’T even touch these questions, even if you are champion of mathematics. You are not supposed to score full marks. There are many examples where aspirants when aspirants take it on ego and waste 4-5 minutes on such questions. BE clever.
- I can solve syllogism, coding-decoding, Venn diagram, and arrangement questions very quickly. Find out your strengths and first focus on them.
- Sometimes group questions like building questions, sitting arrangements are quite tough.If you get a sense after 1 minute that it is tough nut to crack, then instantly leave it here and move on.
- Although there are online test series for this exam, but they can’t match the level of questions asked in Paper. They are inadequate, and you must prepare at least 2 levels above the level in test series.
- If there is any good test series you know, then join that. Mock tests help a lot.
RBI Grade B Officer Quantitative Aptitude Strategy & Study Plan
This section is the toughest section, and the questions are of CAT level. You have to be damn good in this section. There are many candidates who had way above cutoff marks, but failed to clear Quant cutoff. Even few IITian friends of mine have failed to clear this section. So don’t be overconfident and prepare and practice well. Allot roughly 30 minutes for this section and target at least 15 correct answers. But if you are finding it too difficult, than attempt 11-12 questions with good efficiency and, move to reasoning section. After ensuring that you clear overall cutoff and also that of reasoning, come back to this section in the end and try to attempt as many as you can. The idea is that efforts of scoring high here, must not risk your overall score.
- It requires that your calculating speed is quite good, and have high accuracy. Improve your memory of tables, squares, cubes, roots etc.
- Learn the art of approximations. If you start multiplication and division of fractions then it will eat up all your time. You will have to make approximations.
- Minimize errors of computations, because if you calculate one step wrongly, then all subsequent answers in DI may go wrong.
- Again here also, there are limited types of questions. If you are not from mathematics background, first understand the theory and derive the formulas by yourself. This will improve your understanding and speed.
- Get a decent book and understand the problem. And then practice as many questions as you can.
- Stick to any one source for theory, and practice more.
- Download governmentadda.com all free Quant pdfs
RBI Grade B 2019 Complete Question Paper,Study Material, Books, Cutoff Marks, Notification, Study Plan
|RBI Grade B Exam Study Kit||Direct Link|
|RBI Grade B Officer Recruitment 2019 , Notification, Exam Dates||Click Here|
|RBI Grade B Previous Year Question Papers PDF Download||Click Here|
|20+ RBI Grade B Mains Previous Year Question Paper of ESI & FM 2019 | 2017 | 2016 PDF Download
|RBI Grade B Previous Year Cutoff Marks : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014||Click Here|
|RBI Grade B Officer Exam Pattern and Syllabus in Detail||Click Here|
RBI Grade B Study Material PDF & Books
|Best Books For RBI Grade B Preparation PDfs : Phase 1 & Phase 2 ESI, FM, Reasoning, English, Quant, GS||Click Here|
|How to crack RBI Grade B Phase 1 Exam : Preparation Strategy | Study Plan||Click Here|
|ESI (Economic & Social Issues) Study Material for RBI Grade B Phase 2- Free PDF Download Now||Click Here|
|Descriptive Paper Study Material for RBI Grade B – Free PDF Download Now||Click Here|
|FM (Finance and Management) Study Material for RBI Grade B Phase 2 – Free PDF Download Now||Click Here|