|All Exams Free Study Material and PDFs Join Our Telegram Channel
||Click Here Join Now|
Directions: Each of the questions below consists of a question and three statements numbered I, II and III given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question and mark the appropriate option as answer.
Q1. How is A related to T?
I. A’s father Q is brother of S. S is T’s wife. II. A is son of Q. Q is brother of S. S is T’s wife.
III. T is father of two children.
1) Only I 2) Only II 3) Only I and II 4) Only II and III 5) None of these
Q2. How many months did Vikas take to complete his project work?
I. Mahesh correctly remembers that Vikas took more than two months but less than seven months to complete his project.
II. Pinki correctly remember that Vikas took more than 5 months but less than 10 months to complete his project.
III. Amit correctly remembers that Vikas completed his project within the first year.
1) All I, II and III together 2) Only II 3) Only I and II 4) Only I and III 5) None of these
Q3. Anu, Manu, Ravi, Sahil and Mohit are sitting around a circular table facing the centre. Who is on the immediate left of Ravi?
I. Only Anu is sitting between Manu and Mohit.
II. Anu is on the immediate left of Manu.
III. Sahil is on the immediate left of Manu.
1) All I, II and III together 2) Only II 3) Only II and III 4) Only I and III 5) None of these
Q4. Who among Subodh, Neeraj, Tara, Meena and Anil is the first to take the lecture?
I. Subodh takes lecture before Meena and Neeraj but not before Anil.
II. Tara is not the first to take the lecture.
III. Meena is not the last to take the lecture.
1) Only I 2) Only I and II 3) Only I and either II or III 4) All I, II and III are necessary
5) The question can’t be answered even with the information in all three statements.
Q5. Z is in which direction with respect to X?
I. Y is to the south of X, and Z is to the east of P who is to the north of Y. II. P is to the south of X. III. P is to the west of T.
1) Only I 2) Only II and III 3) All I, II and III together 4) Only I and II 5) None of these
Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below.
Cotton acreage in India during the current year has fallen by 15% as cotton growers have moved on to cultivation of other cash crops. This is the result of the cotton glut in world markets in post-September 2008 and the consequent slowdown in the world economy. But this scenario brought with it benefits to one segment of the industry yarn manufacturers as they got higher prices for their produce. Some yarn manufacturers too had stuck up on low-priced cotton last year. The combined effect of all this is evident in the rise in net profits and net margins of yarn manufacturers.
Q6. Which of the following is an inference which can be made from the facts stated in the above paragraph?
1) The cotton industry grew tremendously post-September 2008.
2) The yarn manufacturers have marginally suffered during post September 2008 period.
3) India was the largest cotton producer earlier.
4) Cotton production will surely grow in upcoming years.
5) None of these
Q7. Which of the following conclusions can be drawn from the facts stated in the above paragraph?
1) Now cotton acerage will never face a crisis like the crisis of September 2008.
2) There has been a huge drop in the supply of cotton during the current year.
3) USA is the largest producer and consumer of cotton.
4) Cotton growers are no more interested in production of cotton.
5) None of these
Q8. What we can say about the following statement? “There has been shortage of cotton in the world market last year.”
1) Definitely true 2) Definitely false 3) Probably true 4) Probably false 5) Nothing can be said
Q9. Which of the following will strengthen the following statement? “The farmers will again grow cotton next year due to increased price of cotton yarn.”
1) Govt plans to increase subsidy on cash crops including cotton.
2) There is a high alert in entire Europe due to terrorist threats.
3) Alternative cash crops are evergreen and unaffected by an economic slowdown.
4) Govt is planning to import more cotton from abroad.
5) None of these
Q10. Which of the following may be a suitable title for the above passage?
1) Terrorism–A big threat to economy
2) The rise and fall in cotton industry
3) India post-September 2008
4) The slowdown in US ecomomy
5) None of these
Q11. Which of the following inferences can be drawn from the statements in the above passage?
1) Indian economy has been unaffected by any global slowdown.
2) India was affected most in the world due to global economy slowdown.
3) The world economy witnessed an upward trend during pre-September 2008.
4) Govt should discourage the production of cotton and encourage shifting to other cash crops.
5) None of theseSolution