RRB NTPC Exam Pattern
RRB Exam Pattern 2016 – Railway Recruitment Board, under the guidance of the Ministry of Railway, has brought out notification regarding the recruitment of candidates to various posts in the Group C category. The Application form was released on 26th December 2015 and will be available on the website of RRB till 25th January 2016 11:59pm. The candidates will have to visit the official website of RRB to fill the RRB 2016 Application form. The candidates can also know about the RRB Exam Pattern 2016 which would be followed in this examination.
RRB has Brought out Vacancies for the 9 post Which are as Followed
- Commercial Apprentice
- Traffic Apprentice
- Enquiry-cum-reservation clerk
- Goods guard
- Senior clerk-cum-typist
- Junior account assistant-cum-typist
- Assistant Station Master
- Traffic Assistant
- Time Keeper
Note: the candidates must note that there would only one Computer Based Test (CBT) for all the above notified posts during March-May 2016.
Stages of Examination:
The RRB will follow detailed stages for recruiting candidates to the above mentioned posts. The stages are as follows:
- Common single test for all the notified posts
- Document verification for the category 1, 2, 3 & 4 ( CA, TA, ECRC and Goods Guard)
- Typing skill test (qualifying nature) followed by document verification for category 5, 6 and 9 (senior clerk-cum typist, junior accounts cum typist and time keeper).
- Aptitude test followed by verification of candidates for category 7 and 8 followed by interview.
Details as per the RRB Exam Pattern 2016
The candidates must know in details about the pattern for the examination they are going to appear in.
The RRB 2016 Exam will have questions mainly from four sections mentioned below:
- General Awareness
- Arithmetic Aptitude
- General Intelligence and
The Following Table will Make the Candidates Understand About the RRB Exam Pattern 2016
|Name of section||Allotted marks||Allotted time|
|Arithmetic Aptitude||25||90 Minutes|
- The total number of questions asked in the exam would be 120 and candidates would get 90 minutes to solve them.
- There is also a provision of negative marking which is equal to 1/3 of the marks allotted to a right response.
Features as per the Recruitment is Concerned
The candidates should keep in mind this information as these are important as far as the recruitment is concerned. There will be a single CBT for all posts but there are some extra criterion’s which will be followed to bring the merit list. Here are the details.
- For the posts involving Category 1, 2, 3 and 4, the merit list will be made solely on the basis of Computer based test.
- For the posts involving category 5, 6 and 9, a typing test of qualifying nature will be conducted. The marks of this test will not be added to the merit list but the candidates will have to qualify in this examination.
- For the posts in category 7 and 8, along with the CBT, an Aptitude test will also be conducted and the merit will be made taking 70% weightage from the CBT and 30% weightage from the Aptitude Test.