As the SBI PO Examination’s final round is approaching, that is Personal Interview and Group Discussion round, many of you must be having different questions on your mind regarding the same. Well, any competitive exam candidate, especially the one who has qualified for SBI PO Mains Examination and is going to appear for the GDPI round, may go through such an emotional turmoil during his/her preparation phase. Students, as you have already qualified for the personal interview round, there is definitely something great about you, as qualifying SBI PO Mains examinations isn’t something that is ordinary. Now, all that you need to do is to prepare for the GDPI round with your heart and soul and you will have the job in your hands. In this article, we will be discussing some key points that will help you ace the SBI PO Interview and Group Discussion Round. The Personal Interview round will comprise of 30 marks whereas marks assigned to Group Discussion will be 20. Here is an overview of how one needs to present herself in front of the interviewers:
- The clothes you wear and the attitude you carry with yourself actually reflect your personality, be it quirky, disciplined or sophisticated. Here’s how you can pick the right set of clothes and the attitude to reflect the kind of personality that interviewers want to see in you. Dress in formal attires, stay calm and avoid nervous reflexes. The panel consists of elderly people who have years of experience, good enough to judge one’s personality even if he/she trying to disguise it.
- Do remember to turn off your cell phone before you enter the room. Softly close the door behind when you enter the room. Greet them all very politely, you can say Good Morning Sirs/Madams (Afternoon or Evening, depending on the time of the day). If there is only one lady in the panel, it is gracious to greet her separately. Wait for the interviewers to ask you to sit. Do not sit unless you are asked to.
- You must know the meaning of your name and mythological importance of your name. In fact, if the name of any of your family members has a special connection, you must know about that too. Interviewers will have your details and questions related to facts of the place you reside in are very common. Also, prepare yourself to face a few questions on the course you have pursued and also the main stream/subject with which you graduated.
- Do mention the extracurricular activities you have been a part of during your overall academic life. Doing things besides working shows that you’re a well-rounded person, and your hobbies and personal interests give the interviewer an insight into the type of person you are. Always keep it in mind that you have strong answers related to your hobbies if further asked by the interviewer.
- It is important that you always keep yourself updated on everything that is happening around the world, especially in your country. The most effective tool to stay in touch with such things is by increasing the knowledge of general awareness and current affairs. You can read the news or current affairs on currentaffairs to stay updated with the current happenings in the world that are important for interview round. Also, bear it in mind not to ignore the news about a bank that has been in news for some or the other purposes. You should be able to answer the basic questions related to the bank accounts of the bank you have your account with, its interest rates, tagline, motto, logo, etc.
- Group Discussion is to gauge whether the candidate has certain personality traits and/or skills that the bank wants in it members. In a group discussion, you have to choose your words carefully to be able to express every aspect of a topic in short and crisp manner. Last year there was a new add-on in the group discussion phase, it was a Group Exercise that is performed after the discussion. In this group exercise candidates were given a set of 8 qualities/ attributes/ traits/ parameters which they had to prioritize according to their understanding of the topic/ situation/ thinking ability.
How to Solve Prioritization Exercise?
Practice it Yourself: Prioritization Exercise
- Helping attitude
- To meet people
- Tech Savvy
- Positive thinking
Q. Set a priority list of why online retailers like Flipkart and Amazon should be encouraged?
|We Recommend Testbook APP|
|100+ Free Mocks For RRB NTPC & Group D Exam||Attempt Free Mock Test|
|100+ Free Mocks for IBPS & SBI Clerk Exam||Attempt Free Mock Test|
|100+ Free Mocks for SSC CGL 2021 Exam||Attempt Free Mock Test|
|100+ Free Mocks for Defence Police SI 2021 Exam||Attempt Free Mock Test|
|100+ Free Mocks for UPSSSC 2021 Exam||Attempt Free Mock Test|
- Customer has more options
- Customer gets more discounts
- Government gets more revenue
- Packaging industry gets boost
- Transparency in billing
- Ease of eCommerce
- Fair market