Soiled notes are those notes –
- became dirty
- slightly cut
- in the denomination of Rs. 10 and above, which are in two pieces. However, the cut should not pass through the number panels
Soiled notes can be exchanged at –
- counters of public sector bank (PSB) branch
- currency chest branch of a private sector bank
- Issue office of RBI
Note that, there is no need to fill any type of form to exchange Soiled Notes. Also note that the exchange is in full value, meaning you will get the whole amount of the soiled note in exchange.
Mutilated notes are those notes –
- are in pieces (more than two)
- essential portions are missing. Essential portions are – name of issuing authority, guarantee, promise clause, signature, Ashoka Pillar emblem / portrait of Mahatma Gandhi, water mark
Mutilated notes are exchanged at the same places described above (for Soiled notes), without filling any type of form.