General Awareness play a vital role in all Examination. we can expect Questions from different Topics.In Banking and other competitive exams like RRB, CDS, LIC AO, RBI, SSC, UPSC, FCI, UIIC, OICL, SBI Clerks and PO the questions on Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA) are being asked. Here we have given Study notes on latest government scheme : Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA) for SSC CGL Examinations 2019-20 & other examination. Candidates those who are all preparing for the Examination can use this study material.
The Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan has been launched by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India. The program aims to provide assured, comprehensive and quality antenatal care, free of cost, universally to all pregnant women on the 9th of every month.
Hon’ble Prime Minister of India highlighted the aim and purpose of introduction of the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan in the 31st July 2016 episode of Mann Ki Baat.
PMSMA guarantees a minimum package of antenatal care services to women in their 2nd / 3rd trimesters of pregnancy at designated government health facilities.
The programme follows a systematic approach for engagement with private sector which includes motivating private practitioners to volunteer for the campaign; developing strategies for generating awareness and appealing to the private sector to participate in the Abhiyan at government health facilitie
Goal of the PMSMA
The Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan envisages improvement in the quality and coverage of Antenatal Care (ANC) including diagnostics and counseling services as part of the Reproductive Maternal Neonatal Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCH+A) Strategy.
Objectives of the program
- Ensure at least one antenatal checkup for all pregnant women in their second or third trimester by an OBGY specialist/physician.
- Improve the quality of care during ante-natal visits. This includes ensuring provision of the following services:
- All applicable diagnostic services
- Screening for applicable clinical conditions
- Appropriate management of any existing clinical condition such as Anaemia, Pregnancy induced hypertension, Gestational Diabetes etc.
- Appropriate counselling services and proper documentation of services rendered
- Additional service opportunity to pregnant women who have missed ante-natal visits
- Identification and line-listing of high risk pregnancies based on obstetric/ medical history and existing clinical conditions
- Appropriate birth planning and complication readiness for each pregnant woman especially those identified with a risk factor or a co-morbid condition
- Special emphasis on early diagnosis, adequate and appropriate management of women with malnutrition
Key Features Of PMSMA
PMSMA is based on the premise — that if every pregnant woman in India is examined by a physician and appropriately investigated at least once during the PMSMA and then appropriately followed up — the process can result in reduction in the number of maternal and neonatal deaths in our country.
Antenatal checkup services would be provided by OBGY specialists/Radiologist/physicians with support from private sector doctors to supplement the efforts of the government sector.
- Green Sticker – for women with no risk factor detected
- Red Sticker – for women with high risk pregnancy
Indicator of high risk
|Green Sticker||Women with no risk factor detected|
|Red Sticker||Women with high risk pregnancy|