|All Exams Free Study Material and PDFs Join Our Telegram Channel
||Click Here Join Now|
Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangla Yojana
The Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath launched the government’s flagship scheme ‘Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana’ on October 25, 2019. The scheme was launched in Lucknow and Union Women and Child Minister Smriti Irani was present on the occasion.
Objective and features
Under Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana, the UP Government will provide an amount of Rs. 15,000 in 6 installments from the birth of the Daughter to graduation in the form of financial assistance, so that girls do not have any problem with money for studies. This Financial Assistance will be given to those girls child who born After 1st April 2019.
In Kanya Sumangala Yojana, only two girls of one family will be given benefit if a woman has twins in the next delivery, the girl will be allowed to benefit as the third child. If a woman has a girl child from the first delivery and the second delivery Benefit will apply to two twins in the family. Under this scheme, the maximum size of the beneficiary family should be two children. The annual income limit of the girl’s family under this scheme should not exceed three lakhs. The total budget of Kanya Sumangala Yojana has been kept at Rs. 1200 crore.
Installments of UP Kanya Sumangala Scheme
|First installment||At the birth of a girl||2000 rupess|
|Second installment||After one year of vaccination of the girl||1000 rupess|
|Third installment||After the girl enters class 1||2000 rupess|
|Fourth installment||After the girl enters class 6||2000 rupess|
|Fiftinstallment||After the girl enters class 9||3000 rupess|
|Sixth installment||After the girl has passed class 12, after admission in Gradute or Diploma of two years or more duration.||5000 rupess|
Kanya Sumangala Benefits In 6 categories
- Stage 1 – If a girl is born after 1st April 2019 then she will be awarded with Rupees 2000 for one time.
- Stage 2 – If a girl child has received full immunization and is born after 1st April 2018 then she will receive Rupees 1000 for one time.
- Stage 3 – Ifa girl child has taken admission in Standard First in the current year then she will receive Rupees 1000 for one time.
- Stage 4 – If a girl child has taken admission in Standard 6th in the current year then she will receive Rupees 2000 for one time.
- Stage 5 – If a girl child has taken admission in Standard 9th in the current year then she will receive Rupees 3000 for one time.
- Stage 6 – If a girl child has taken admission in any bachelor’s degree or diploma in the current year then she will receive Rupees 5000 for one time.
Objective of Kanya Sumangala Yojana
The main objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to make higher education available to the girls of the state. To change the negative thinking of the people who think that the girls as a burden, the government is launching the Kanya Sumangala scheme.