How To Write PPDT AND TAT in SSB Interview Tips
The culmination of BST-I and BST –II commences with Picture Perception and Description Test. Let us analyse the requisites of this test and essential ingredients which should be kept in mind to undergo the test. The students are exposed to a picture through the help of video projector, OHP, for a total period of one minute. The students should see the picture critically, since the picture is blurred and recognition of the characters in the picture is very essential to reach to a rational understanding. The psychologist will explain the procedure and give exhaustive guidelines which should be adhered strictly as per the laid down norms. A sheet of paper will be provided to append your story most appropriate to the picture, keeping in mind the guidelines given subsequently. A rectangle will form part of the sheet, which can be utilized to endorse the number of characters, mood and attitude and general age profile of the person seen in the picture.
Always remember, making your assessment of the central character and the characters, basically depicts your own personality and your viewpoint to include the people around you. In psychology of SSB, there is no right/wrong answer but the appreciation of the picture in question should be correctly interpreted and commented, Remember , the picture are shown to suit your profile in general, hence anything not suiting your profile or working beyond your limitations should not be penned, your should write a detailed account of the picture , which should be comprehensive and complete in all respects.
Do not be in a hurry to write, buy see the picture critically. Critical analysis will help you ascertain the picture fully and improve your perception at the time of writing. Once, the approximately five minutes to write your story on the picture. After the elapsed period, your sheet will be taken away and given appropriate time for your discussion.
Errors that aspirants do while attempting PPDT and TAT in SSB?
Errors you should not do:
- Firstly, Don’t go off-track most of the aspirants go off-track while writing a story, for example we have seen 2 peoples standing near a dead body in a room and you just started writing about the dead body, that a commando has been died and make full story on commando and war and bla bla…You will have to start with a Firing name, which you will give to your story hero and the you have to write the picture description in two or three lines like what is room scenario, who one is there and how the things look like in room it will be written based on your perception.
- Secondly, Aspirants take their story in past, why boys live in present past is past. Like you are shown a scene of 2 boys going to forest. Write like this- It is a pleasant morning and Ram has decided to go into forest for his survey on forest animals.
- Thirdly, make a problem in story and let it solve by your hero, For example, Sometime you are shown accident scene then write like this- Ram is a social worker, It is Monday and he is going to college, Suddenly he saw a man has stuck with a bus, he rushed toward it. There has lots of crowd gathered.
- Write like this starting 2 lines for past which will tell what had happened. Then, 2 take your story in present which shows solution of that problem. And then 2 lines for bright future of hero if u like, Most of you like to write bright future in 4-5 lines and they don’t even write about problem solution. So please avoid it.
- Don’t write bad about anything specially for persons if u can’t see in image. Most of aspirants have habit of killing peoples in war or in road accident, please limit it to a accident, illness and heat exhaustion problem and Remember this problem should be rectified by your story hero in present tense and then write bright future of hero in future but in 2 lines.
- As you have seen a PPDT or TAT image do write what u have seen in image, not on your behalf but write like this, for example a person is standing in front of mirror- Ram is getting ready for his interview, after taking bath and wearing clothes he stand in front of mirror, he is saying himself he that he is looking good to boost his confidence
- Generally aspirants not write more than 6-7 line, its bad try to write 10 lines or more increase your story length.
- For more info please read my tips to write a PPDT or TAT story in my Previous post.
- Also i have provided post how to analyse PPDT picture, and tips to write good stories. Read my all post on blog thanks.
This is a sample PPDT Sheet, a similar sheet will be given to you in your SSB Interview. To help you understand it better we have numbered it and explained each and every part.
You all are going for the purpose of becoming an Officer and hence we suppose that you knows what you have to do with the No.of SSB, Age, Date etc.
1. In this box you have to mark all the characters which you have seen in the picture. You are required to mention their sex, age and their mood. For male write “M”, “F” for female and if you can’t determine the gender of the character the write “P” which stands for person. Mention the approximate age in numbers for example 26 and for mood use mathematical signs “+” for positive mood “-“ for negative mood and “0” for neutral mood. A sample is done for you and at times you will be asked to encircle the character whom you seen first but you must listen to instruction if they asks you to encircle then only do that.
2. Here you have to mention the aim or the summary of you story in one or two lines.
3. This space is for writing story, you must write you story in at least 100 words and if you requires more space then you can use the back side of the page also.
Picture Perception and Description Test: A Dead body Scene
Guys i am putting this PPDT story for you so that you can have a general idea of how to write a PPDT story on Dead Body scene. THE BEST WAY TO PREPARE FOR BASIC SCREENING TEST: PPDT IS TO PRACTICE MORE AND MORE AND BOOST YOUR WRITING SPEED
|What have you seen in the picture||A room scene, probably a dead body on a bed & two people sitting on the side. A table is placed on the write with medicines and a stand at the back of bed.|
|Characters involved||Three including a dead body|
|Age profile||18 to 20 years and 30 to 35 years|
|What has already happened||Probably a martyr lead down the life for the nation|
|Present happenings||Cremation and the dead body of the martyr before emotional seen with due encouragement to take revenge with the enemy|
|Final outcome||Productive and challenging|
|Come to a common consensus||Probably a martyr laid down life in the operation|
- The picture show for screening test is generally blurred.
- See the picture carefully and the surrounding areas before writing on the sheet.
- Identify all the important character and comment with authenticity.
- Be with the picture and improve your perception gradually.
- Logical analysis is important to come to rational conclusion.
- The dead body and the person around should be commented and lesson learnt should be related to the diseased character.
3 Best PPDT stories for Practice: 3 PPDT Images set
|Sample PPDT image of accident Scene|
Sample PPDT Story:
Sanjay is a school boy of class 9,he was on his way to school when he saw a speeding maruti car is moving on a road got collided with rickshawala which was coming from front,the car instead of stopping tried to escape from the accident area, sanjay immediately noted down the car number,called for ambulance and gave the number to nearby police station,with the information given by sanjay police track down the driver and sanjay was awarded and praised for his work.
PPDT Image 2: PPDT image of River bank Scene with recommended Image
|Sample PPDT image of person sitting on chair|
A PERSON STANDING AT BASE OF MOUNTAIN
Guys i am putting this PPDT story for you so that you can have a general idea of how to write a PPDT story on a Person Standing at base of Mountain scene. THE BEST WAY TO PREPARE FOR BASIC SCREENING TEST: PPDT IS TO PRACTICE MORE AND MORE AND BOOST YOUR WRITING SPEED
|Age profile||25 to 30 years|
|What has already happened||Mountaineer probably planning for a mountain expedition in the Himalayan range|
|Present happenings||Carrying out survey of the mountain peak and finding a possible solution to make expedition a success by mapping plotting route recce and planning|
|Final outcome||Productive, expedition, reconnaissance|
|Come to a common consensus||Probably a venture in the mountains which is successful|
- Read between the pictures and steadily move toward your perception.
- The picture is keep blurred so that your time to understand the surrounding.
- The mountainous terrain should be appreciated and commented.
- The role model remains the centre of attraction indicating your personality.
- The character should be strong and lead the mission.
- The story should be result oriented and all the participants should be given a hearing before concluding the main theme.
A case of Eve Teasing
Guys i am putting this PPDT story for you so that you can have a general idea of how to write a PPDT story on a Eve Teasing case scene. Generally we face problemwhat to write and how to write on negative pictures like this, THE BEST WAY TO PREPARE FOR BASIC SCREENING TEST: PPDT IS TO PRACTICE MORE AND MORE AND BOOST YOUR WRITING SPEED. i have uploaded a lot of Practice Sets prepare them
|What have you seen in the picture||A person holding a hand of another person and two ladies looking at each other|
|Age profile||18 to 30 years|
|What has already happened||Probably, a eve teasing case|
|Present happenings||Giving moral ethics to the offender not to repeat such incidents or face dire consequences|
|Come to a common consensus||Making society answerable to the citizens|
- See the picture and read the event leading to the situation.
- The picture depicts a case of eve teasing and should be commented rather forcing a theme not leading to the events.
- The surrounding areas should be commented and related to the circumstances.
- All four characters seen in the picture should be commented.
- Sequences of event should be maintained.
- Write the story chronologically, events should be interlinked and discussion made effective.
Sample PPDT Story n a Person Sitting Near his ill Mother
|PPDT/TAT image of a ill women|
How to Write a PPDT/TAT story on a Robbery Scene: Practice Image
|PPDT/TAT image: Robbery Scene|
Sample PPDT/TAT story:
PPDT Sample Story Set 11: PPDT story on playground Scene
|PPDT/TAT Image on playground Scene|
Sample PPDT/TAT Story:
How to Write PPDT Story on Aeroplane Scene: Sample Story 10
|PPDT/TAT image of Aeroplane Scene|
Practice Image 9: A PPDT story on Car Accident Scene
|PPDT/TAT image of Car-Cycle Accident Scene|
Recommended PPDT Story:
A person running in the direction of a train
Guys get a general idea of how to write a PPDT story on A person running in the direction of a train
scene. This is typical and confusing picture read the sample story and write like this.
|Sample PPDT picture on a person running in train direction|
|What have you seen in the picture||One person running in the direction of the railway track and a train coming from the opposite direction.|
|Ago profile||18 to 20|
|What has already happened||Physical workout|
|Present happenings||Making himself mentally and physically tough and reaching the destination and driving own life to glory like the train helping people to reach destination.|
|Final outcome||Mission successful|
|Come to a common consensus||Learning from routine events and making life meaningful with effort.|
- The picture depicts a person running in the direction of the train in an hospitable terrain and line of mountain as the back.
- The surrounding area which looks akin to village should be commented
- The address by the main character should be related to the train and the track and lessons derived out of such conditions.
- The train can possible act to achieve objectives in life.
- Listen to all the students taking part in the discussion.
- The views of other students should be taken into account at the time of common consensus.
A Person Addressing Two students in a Room
|sample PPDT picture on a person addressing two students|
|What have you seen in the picture||Tone person sitting across the table spectacles and two boys standing in front in school uniform.|
|Ago profile||16 to 40 years|
|What has already happened||Suggestions to make a project on energy crisis|
|Present happenings||Detailed briefing by the principal of the institution to prepare the project as part of CBSE requirement|
|Final outcome||Project successful and as per of CBSE requirement demonstrated|
|Come to a common consensus||Learn from hard work and success in mission|
- The picture displayed is generally obscured.
- See the picture carefully and evaluate the sequence of events concerning all three characters.
- The central character should be of your age profile and depict of vibrant personality.
- The senior character can be counselor or a person in high office.
- The second leading character should also be commented and given a rule.
- Make a meaningful analysis of the situation and come to a logic conclusion.
A Person Addressing a Group of People Under a Tree
Guys get a general idea of how to write a PPDT story on a person Addressing a group of People Under a Tree scene. This is one of the most important PPDT and TAT picture as you will have to generally write a story on addressing case like this.
|sample ppdt picture on group addressing|
|What have you seen in the picture||One person addressing a group of people under the tree.|
|Characters involved||25 to 30|
|Ago profile||16 to 40 years|
|What has already happened||Suggestions to improve literacy in the village|
|Present happenings||Detailed briefing by the person to include primary education for all the children and to introduce the adult education in the village|
|Final outcome||Mission successful and literacy rate improved|
|Come to a common consensus||Briefing the better living standards and continuous learning|
- The picture scene should be commented keeping in view.
- The surrounding area which looks akin to village should be commented.
- The address by the main character should be related to the existing circumstances presently seen in the village
- The audience shown should be receptive and understanding.
- Interest should be generated and sequence of events maintained.
- During the discussion, the views of other students should be taken into account at the time of common consensus.
Two People Standing on Top of a Rope Bridge
Guys get a general idea of how to write a PPDT story on two person standing on bridge scene. I have also putted the same story in Psychology: Sample TAT stories, have a look at TAT story also.
|Sample PPDT Picture on two person standing on rope bridge|
|What have you seen in the picture||Two persons standing on the rope bridge with the river flowing underneath.|
|Ago profile||20 to 25 yrs|
|What has already happened||A visit to a national park|
|Present happenings||Getting ready to see wild life in the forested area across the river line|
|Final outcome||Adventure trip and mission successful|
|Come to a common consensus||Adventure loving and enjoying the natural environment|
- The picture depicts a river line scene and a rope bridge across the bank.
- The one character of the two should display the role model and lead the event.
- The natural layout of the river line can be a part of write up.
- The story perceives should be productive and meaningful.
- The event should involve both the character.
- Have a meaningful sequence of events, listen to all candidates and lead to a faithful discussion and conclusion.
A Person Standing in Front of Mirror
Guys i am putting this PPDT story for you so that you can have a general idea of how to write a PPDT story on a person standing in front of mirror scene. This is very general picture and generally shown in all Psychology: TAT pictures, prepare for how to write a PPDT as well as TAT story from here, THE BEST WAY TO PREPARE FOR BASIC SCREENING TEST: PPDT IS TO PRACTICE MORE AND MORE AND BOOST YOUR WRITING SPEED.
|SAMPLE PPDT PICTURE OF A PERSON STANDING IN FRONT OF MIRROR|
|What have u seen in the picture||A man is standing in front of a mirror in a room|
|Age profile||25 to 30 years positive|
|What has already happened||Cleared IAS prelim examination|
|Present happenings||Preparing for the interview|
|Final outcome||Productive and interview successful|
|Come to a common consensus||Mission achieved with high level dedication|
- See the picture critically and evaluate such circumstances and situation.
- The surrounding area should be commented in great detail with the central character being the role model of the event.
- Link the event and come up to a rational thought process.
- Write the story chronologically.
- Describe the present happenings and after affects.
- Have a meaningful interpretation listen to each other carefully and come to a sound judgement.